|Paint the inner edges of the front of the canvas.|
1 Sheet of Strathmore Tracing Paper
DecoArt Patio Paint in Woodland Brown
DecoArt Crafter's Acrylic in Spun Gold
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi-Medium (available on our online store HERE)
The photo was printed on tracing paper with an inkjet printer.
1. Print a black and white photo onto the tracing paper. Be sure the ink is completely dry before starting this project.
You can choose to use any acrylic paint in the colors you desire, but for this project, Christy used brown as the main color.
2. Mix the two paints together and apply the paint to all four sides of the canvas. Also apply the paint to the inner edges of the front of the canvas. Let dry completely.
3. Apply Mod Podge to the front of the canvas, in the area where you will be placing the tracing paper. Lay the tracing paper (print side up) onto the area of the canvas where the Mod Podge was applied. The paper will naturally ripple, creating a textured effect.
4. Apply the mixed paint around the edges of the tracing paper to blend into the edges of the canvas. Set the canvas aside to let dry.
5. Place a small amount of Claudine Hellmuth Medium into a bowl, and mix in some of the paint. This will create a tinted overlay onto the photo.
6. Apply the Claudine Hellmuth to the entire canvas (including the sides) to seal it. This will create a matte finish. Set aside to dry before displaying.
You can purchase the Claudine Hellmuth Medium HERE.
If you wish to print this tutorial, download the PDF file HERE.
For more crafting tutorials, visit our Project Gallery HERE.