When is the last time you used a stencil on a project?
|Crafted by Christy.|
With the use of lasers, chunky stencils of the past have changed over time into intricate details.
Rather than use paper and embellishments, we are going to design this frame by using a stencil.
- 1 Unfinished Photo Frame
- Momenta Complements Decor Stencil in Medallion
- Americana Gloss Enamels in Black
- Viva Inka-Gold in 903
- DecoArt Elegant Finish Metallic Paint in Rich Espresso
All supplies used for this project can be found at our Bonney Lake store.
1. Use the paintbrush to cover the entire frame in black paint.
2. Apply the Rich Espresso paint on top of the black paint while it is still wet to give it a metallic sheen. Set the frame aside to dry.
3. Once dry, secure the stencil to the bottom of the frame with tape.
4. Use a hard bristle paintbrush or your finger to smudge the Inka-Gold into the stencil. If you use your finger, wear a glove because it can get messy.
Smudging the Inka-Gold in certain areas of the frame gives it a unique distressed look. The thing about smudging is that it does not have to be perfect.
5. Using the same paintbrush or your finger, gently smudge the Inka-Gold around the edges of the opening and the frame. Set aside to dry.
6. Once dry, secure the stencil to one side of the frame and smudge Inka-Gold into the stencil. Repeat this step until all four sides have been stenciled.
7. Add a photo of your choice inside the frame and proudly display in an area of your home.