There are different methods in coloring sand using food coloring, paint powders, fabric dyes, and others, but we are going to show easy it is by using Adirondack Alcohol Ink.
Why would you need to color (dye) sand? Well, you may want a particular color sand for:
- creating sand art
- custom candlescapes to match home decor
- unity sand sets for a sand ceremonies in a wedding
Here are examples that show the different colors of sand you can make with alcohol ink.
Be sure you are in a well ventilated area before starting.
1. Place the sand into a large Ziploc bag.
2. Squeeze drops of alcohol ink directly onto the sand in the bag.
3. Close the bag and knead the sand.
4. Knead the sand to allow the alcohol ink saturate the sand.
5. Once the sand is the desired color, it is ready to use.
Watch Joy demonstrate in this video how to color sand with alcohol ink.
For more projects, visit our Project Gallery on our website here.