|Crafted by Therese.|
- Unfinished Book Box
- Halloween Themed Scrapbooking Paper
- Distress Ink Pads
- Die Cut Letters or Stickers
- Mod Podge
- Acrylic Paint
1. Using the paintbrush, apply white paint to the pages of the book.
2. Then, paint the thin outer edges of the book and the inside of the book in black.
3. Set aside to let dry.
4. Measure and cut textured cardstock to fit the outer areas of the book, using a light brown on the book binding and the back of the book, and an olive green for the front cover.
5. Use Mod Podge to adhere the cardstock to the appropriate places on the book.
6. Set aside to let dry.
7. Once dry, use a foam applicator to swipe ink over the cardstock.
Light swipes will give it just enough color without completely covering the cardstock. You want to give it a distressed look.
8. Cut two small triangles to glue onto the two outer corners on the front of the book.
9. Cut images you like from Halloween themed scrapbooking paper and glue it onto the book in the desired areas.
10. Add letters to give your book a name using die cut letters or stickers.
11. Open the inside to measure and cut Halloween themed scrapbooking paper to glue on the inside of the cover and box.
12. Distress the pages and the inside of the cover with ink by swiping it on.
13. Let your book dry completely before displaying.
Feel free to add any embellishments you would like or other colors aside from what this project calls for to create your spell book.
For more projects, visit our Project Gallery on our website here.