|Crafted by Krystyn.|
- 2-4 Rolls of 6" Tulle
- Seattle Seahawks Ribbon
- Elastic or Ribbon
The amount of tulle depends on the length of the skirt (tutu) and how full you would like it to be.
You can choose to use elastic or ribbon to make your skirt (tutu).
1. Measure the waist and cut the elastic to the measured length, adding 1 inch; or cut ribbon to tie around your waist leaving about an extra 3-4 inches at each end.
To secure the elastic, tie the ends into a double knot. The extra inch will allow you to secure the elastic without effecting the size of the skirt.
2. Measure how long you want the tulle to be and double the length.
So, if you want the tulle to measure 10" below the waist, you will cut the tulle into 20" strips. The next steps will explain why.
3. Fold the strip to make the 6" wide strip 3" wide.
4. Fold the tulle in half and place the loop behind the elastic, upside down.
5. Pull the bottom of the tulle through the loop to secure it to the elastic. The knot should appear on the outside of the elastic.
If you are using more than one color, be sure to alternate the colors or textures to create the desired look.
Watch Milly demonstrate how to tie tulle onto the elastic to make a tulle skirt.
For more projects, visit our Project Gallery on our website here.