The clothespin butterfly is a fun craft that lets your child use their imagination in creating something from everyday objects.
- Chenille Pipe Cleaner
- Acrylic Paint
- Stickles™ Glitter Glue
- Rhinestone Stickers
All supplies for this project can be found at our Bonney Lake store.
1. Using the paintbrush, paint the clothespin in the desired color(s) and design.
2. Set aside to let dry.
3. Have an adult measure and trim the tulle to the desired size to create the "wings" for the butterfly.
4. Bunch the tulle and tuck it into the open clip of the clothespin. The clothespin will hold the tulle in place (if it's not too thick).
5. Select a chenille pipe cleaner in the color of your choice and curls the ends.
6. Place it into the open clip of the clothespin, placing it in front of the tulle to hold it in place.
Feel free to use glue, if necessary, to permanently secure the tulle and pipe cleaner.
7. Add rhinestone stickers to the clothespin or any other embellishments your child wishes to use.
8. Add glitter to the tulle by using the Stickles bottle.
Stickles Glitter Glue by Ranger is a very clean and easy way to add colorful dimensional glitter to projects without the mess.
9. Set the finished butterfly aside and let dry before displaying.
You can hang these on the wall, add a magnet to the back to display them on the refrigerator, or hang them from the ceiling.