Rather than spending time trying to find the rug with the right colors and design for your home, make it yourself by using paint!
|Crafted by Pershette.|
- Montana GOLD Acrylic
- Masking or Painter's Tape
All supplies for this project can be found at our Bonney Lake store.
We recommend doing this project outside and wearing old clothing.
- Shake or sweep the rug to clear it of any particles.
- Lay cardboard or sheets of newspaper on the ground and place the rug on top.
- Adhere painter's or masking tape to the areas you do not want to paint.
- Using Montana GOLD Acrylic in the color you desire, evenly spray one coat onto the rug.
- If you feel that you have missed any spots, or want more color, spray on another coat.
- Set aside to let it completely dry.
- Once dry, remove the tape and place it in the area of your home that you desire.
You are free to use other paints, but the difference we noticed using the Montana GOLD Acrylic was that it left the carpet feeling soft, not stiff at all.
|Pershette used Montana GOLD in Copper Chrome.|
Montana GOLD Acrylic is a high covering, quick drying acrylic lacquer that comes in a vast array of beautiful colors.
It can be applied to a variety of surfaces from canvas, wood, concrete, metal, glass and even flexible surfaces. It is designed to assure longevity and durability without any cracking or color bleaching.
For more projects, visit our Project Gallery on our website here.