Need a magnetic board to stay organized but don't like the plain look of the ones in stores? We are going to show you how you can custom design your own magnetic board in a few simple steps!
|Crafted by Christy.|
- Frame, Wood Board or Panel
- Metal Sheet
- Spray Adhesive
- Acrylic Paint
For this project, Christy used a wooden 12" x 12" panel, but you can use a frame, board, plaque, etc.
1. Using the paintbrush, apply paint in the color of your choice to the frame.
2. Set it aside to let dry.
3. Measure and cut the fabric to fit onto the metal sheet, leaving an extra inch in height to wrap around the metal sheet.
4. Apply spray adhesive to the sheet and place the fabric on top of it, wrapping the top and bottom ends towards the back of the metal sheet.
Be sure to smooth out any wrinkles before letting the sheet dry.
5. Insert the metal sheet into the frame or if you are using a board or panel, adhere it with glue.
After the glue dries, it's ready to display! If you are not using a frame, add a sawtooth, wire or ribbon to the back of the board or panel to hang.
Feel free to add embellishments of your choice to the board.
Christy embellished the panel with decorative metal trim. She applied patina to give the trim a distressed look, then applied patina glaze over the top and adhered it to each side of the panel.
Want matching magnets for your new board? Make your own custom coordinating magnets with our "How-to: Create and Design Magnets" tutorial.
For more projects, visit our Project Gallery on our website here.