1. Iron the burlap fabric to smooth out any wrinkles.
2. Measure and cut an 18" x 14.5" rectangle from the burlap.
3. Pull the strings from each corner to achieve the desired fringe length.
4. Trim off any uneven fringe.
You can use a paintbrush to apply adhesive to the border of the fringe to prevent fraying.
5. Measure and cut a 2" x 14.5" strip of burlap in a contrasting color.
6. Pull the strings from each corner to achieve the desired fringe length.
7. Trim off any uneven fringe.
8. Place the strip of burlap onto the desired area of the placemat.
9. Sew buttons onto the strip of burlap to secure it to the placemat.
Feel free to add further embellishments or even stencil lettering using a Sharpie marker or fabric paint.
For more projects, visit our Project Gallery on our website here.