The sun is out and the weather this week will finally feel like spring is here! I am looking forward to backyard barbeques and picnics with friends and family. Today we are sharing a project that will have you thinking of Memorial Day, which is right around the corner. If you are planning on hosting a Memorial Day gathering then you will definitely want to come see our great Americana decor and decorating ideas on display at our Bonney Lake store.
- One Unfinished Slatboard Sign
- Red, White and Blue Acrylic Paint
- Wooden Star Pieces
- Masking Tape
1. Mask off the upper left corner of the sign with the masking tape. Press firmly so paint does not bleed underneath.
2. Paint the first, third and fifth board with red paint.
3. Paint the second, fourth and last board white. Allow to dry.
4. Remove masking tape.
5. Mask off a straight line over the red and white boards.
6. Paint the corner with blue acrylic paint. Allow to dry.
7. Remove masking tape.
8. Paint the stars white and allow to dry.
9. Glue the stars on the blue section.
Your American flag sign is ready to display!
You can purchase the unfinished slatboard on our website here:
Visit our website for great projects and inspiration.
Visit us on facebook, we love it when our customers share photos of their projects!
Visit us on Pinterest for more great inspirational crafts.
Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame Shop
21121 Hwy 410, Bonney Lake, WA 98391