This project was created by Krystin in 2013, but it is perfect for showing our current 12th man spirit. This is also a good project for local school spirit pep rallies.
|Crafted by Krystyn.|
- 2-4 Rolls of 6" Tulle
- Seattle Seahawks Ribbon
- Elastic or Ribbon
The amount of tulle depends on the length of the skirt (tutu) and how full you would like it to be.
You can choose to use elastic or ribbon to make your skirt (tutu).
1. Measure the waist and cut the elastic to the measured length, adding 1 inch; or cut ribbon to tie around your waist leaving about an extra 3-4 inches at each end.
To secure the elastic, tie the ends into a double knot. The extra inch will allow you to secure the elastic without effecting the size of the skirt.
2. Measure how long you want the tulle to be and double the length.
So, if you want the tulle to measure 10" below the waist, you will cut the tulle into 20" strips. The next steps will explain why.
3. Fold the strip to make the 6" wide strip 3" wide.
4. Fold the tulle in half and place the loop behind the elastic, upside down.
5. Pull the bottom of the tulle through the loop to secure it to the elastic. The knot should appear on the outside of the elastic.
If you are using more than one color, be sure to alternate the colors or textures to create the desired look.
Watch this video as Milly demonstrates how to tie tulle onto the elastic to make a tulle skirt.
Thanks for visiting our blog.
Visit our website for great projects and inspiration.
Visit us on facebook, we love it when our customers share photos of their projects!
Visit us on Pinterest for more great inspirational crafts.
Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame Shop
21121 Hwy 410, Bonney Lake, WA 98391