Earth Day began in 1970 as a way to bring focus on our environment. A small movement became international, the United States Environmental Protection Agency was created, and today recycling, reducing and reusing is a way of life.
How will you contribute to Earth Day today?
Here are a few ways that you can contribute to Earth Day without a ton of effort or hardship.
1. Fill a glass with water instead of using a plastic water bottle.
2. Sign up for paperless billing to reduce paper waste.
3. Put food waste in compost or yard recycle containers instead of your garbage can.
4. Donate unusable clothing with holes, socks without a match or worn out blankets - they are made into rags or sent to textile recyclers. (click here for more info)
5. Take used furniture to Goodwill or other donation center instead of taking to the dump.
One small step today can make an impact on your environment!
Thanks for visiting our blog.
Visit our website for great projects and inspiration.
Visit us on facebook, we love it when our customers share photos of their projects!
Visit us on Pinterest for more great inspirational crafts.
Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame Shop
21121 Hwy 410 E, Bonney Lake, WA 98391