One Unfinished Wooden Sign With Rope
Blue Acrylic Paint Pen
- Paint your wood sign in grey paint and allow to dry.
- I wanted a worn and weathered look so I applied a black wash to the board next. This can be done by watering down your paint, use a dry brush and apply some paint sparingly to the board.You can wipe off with a rag if there is too much paint in areas.
- Allow this to dry completely.
- Print out the word in a font that you like with your computer and printer.
- Use graphite paper to transfer your words to the painted board by placing the graphite paper on your board, put the printed words on top and trace the letters with a pencil.
- Now paint in the letters with the blue acrylic paint pen and allow to dry.
- I sanded parts of the entire board including the letters to complete the worn look I wanted.
- The final step was to apply a matte varnish to seal the sign.
Thanks for visiting our blog.
Visit our website for great projects and inspiration.
Visit us on facebook, we love it when our customers share photos of their projects!
Visit us on Pinterest for more great inspirational crafts.
Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame Shop
21121 Hwy 410 E, Bonney Lake, WA 98391