It's typical to use a white or black mat board to accentuate a picture in a frame, but how about using fabric?
Using fabric, such as burlap, is a fun way to add appeal and texture to your picture.
|Crafted by Christy.|
- Barnwood Frame
- Mat Board
- Foam Board
- Acrylic Paint
- 527 Multi-Purpose Adhesive
- Trim the burlap to fit the size of the mat you will be placing into the frame.
- Glue the burlap to the mat board.
- Trim the foamboard to fit the size of the photo.
- Using the paintbrush, paint the foam board in the acrylic paint color of your choice. Be sure to paint all sides of the foam board.
- Set aside to let dry.
- Once dry, glue your photo to the foam board, then glue the foam board to the burlap mat.
- Insert the burlap mat into the frame.
You can choose to use any fabric or even paper to create a unique mat for your picture frame.
We offer custom framing and matting services at our Bonney Lake store. You can learn more about our Frame Shop here.