A yarn bowl makes a great festive piece for a table setting, and perfect for holding goodies, such as candy. It also makes a great kids craft!
|Crafted by Kellie.|
- Thin Cotton Yarn or Embroidery Floss
- Craft Glue
- A Cup
- Ribbon (optional)
- Blow up the balloon to a size you would like your bowl to be.
- Set the balloon, tied side down, into a cup. The cup will act as a pedestal to hold your balloon as you place the yarn onto it.
- Layout newspaper under and around the cup.
- Place an adequate amount of glue into the bowl.
- Use the scissors to cut yarn about a foot long or more (depending on the size of your bowl). You can cut different colors of yarn to create a colorful yarn bowl.
- Dip a string of yarn into the glue, then wrap it around the balloon.
- Continue step until you have the desired look.
- Let it dry overnight.
- Once dry, use a needle to pop the balloon and carefully peel the balloon from the yarn.
- You can tie a ribbon to the bowl or embellishment it.
For more projects, visit our Project Gallery on our website here.