We were pondering craft ideas that reflected "making a wish," and this is what Laurie was inspired to create.
|Crafted by Laurie.|
This is a great example of thinking outside of the box to create something beautiful. You never know what you'll come up with when creativity calls!
- Small Box
- Card Stock
- Sizzix Movers and Shapers "Wish" Die
- Acrylic Paint
- Penny Black Slapstick Cling Stamp in Fanciful
- Embossing Enamel
- Embossing Ink
- Heat Gun
- Dandelions Seeds
All supplies, with the exception of dandelion seeds, can be found at our Bonney Lake store.
Laurie used an ready-to-decorate ornament box we carry to create this. However, you can use a small white box (about 5" x 3" or smaller) and add a decorative paper trim around the outside to recreate this project.
|Small Ready-to-Decorate Ornament Box|
|Small White Box|
- Trim the red card stock to fit inside the box.
- Press the "Fanciful" stamp into the embossing ink. You can use any embossing or pigment ink, but for this project, Laurie used the VersaMark Ink Pad.
- Place the stamp to the right side of the red card stock and firmly press down.
- Cover the area you just stamped with embossing powder.
- Dust off the excess and use the heat gun to melt the embossing powder.
- Create the "Wish" die cut on green card stock.
- Using Stickles, create a dot going all around the die cut.
- Glue the die cut onto the left hand side of the red card stock.
- Set aside.
- Using the paintbrush, apply paint to the entire box, both inside and out.
- Set aside to let dry.
- Once dry, if you have the ornament box, rub the edges of the decorative trim onto the embossing ink pad.
- Cover the inked areas in embossing powder and use the heat gun to melt it.
- Sprinkle fine glitter over the red card stock.
- Glue the red card stock into the box.
- Glue dandelion seeds on the front edge of the box.
For more projects, visit our Project Gallery on our website here.