A family photo canvas is a great project to do with your family and would make a special gift for a loved one.
|Crafted by Christy.|
- Adirondack Alcohol Ink
- Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium Studio in Matte
- Foam Brush
All supplies for this project can be found at our Bonney Lake store.
Before getting started, photo copy (on a laser printer) your favorite photos onto regular paper.
1. Pour out a small amount of alcohol ink onto the canvas and use a foam brush to apply.
Christy chose to cover the main canvas with Adirondack Alcohol Ink Primitives, but you can choose to use acrylic paint, paper, fabric, etc.
2. Set aside to let dry.
3. Once dry, use a stencil to add a decorative design with alcohol ink to the bottom of the canvas.
4. Set aside to let dry.
5. Trim the photos to fit the canvas. You can either trim it to fit the front of the canvas or wrap it around the sides.
6. Use the foam brush to apply Claudine Hellmuth to the canvas.
7. Place the photo onto the canvas ensuring all sides have adhered.
8. Use the foam brush to apply a thin coat of Claudine Hellmuth over the top of the photo.
9. Repeat steps 8 and 9 until all the photo canvases are finished.
Be sure the photo canvases are dry before moving onto the next step.
10. Arrange the photo canvases onto the main canvas.
11. Apply the vinyl word "Family" in a desired area on the main canvas.
12. Use E-6000 to adhere the photo canvases to the main canvas.
13. Set aside to let dry before displaying.
For more projects, visit our Project Gallery on our website here.