We are going to show you how easy it is to design fabric for a project or give an item a makeover using stamps and acrylic paint with a fabric medium.
|Crafted by Pershette.|
Pershette stamped the designs onto the fabric and used it to make this throw pillow. You can stamp directly onto an item or onto the fabric to use it for a project.
- Stampendous Jumbo Cling Rubber Stamps
- Acrylic Paint
- DecoArt Crafter's Acrylic Fabric Medium
- Craft Mat
All supplies for this project can be found at our Bonney Lake store.
1. Lay your fabric out onto a flat surface.
2. Mix 2 parts of the fabric medium with 1 part acrylic paint.
3. Spread it out onto a craft mat or wax paper.
4. Firmly press the stamp into the paint mix.
We recommend practicing stamping on a test fabric with the desired paint colors before to see what it may look like before starting.
5. Depending on the type of design, either firmly or lightly press the stamp onto the fabric.
6. Let the stamp design dry.
7. Repeat step 5 until the desired look has been achieved.
|Pershette stamped the design twice in two different colors to for dimension.|
8. Let the entire design dry for 24-48 hours, then heat set with a cloth (as per instructions on the DecoArt Crafter's Acrylic Fabric Medium bottle).
You can also use stencils and again, we recommend testing it before starting your project.
For more projects, visit our Project Gallery on our website here.