Show your dad how much he means to you by creating a treasured keepsake with memorable moments and endearing words.
|Crafted by Joy.|
- Wooden Box
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Fragments
- Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Walnut
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Corners
- Inkssentials Glossy Accents
- 1 Small 3-Ring Binder
- Foam Brush
All supplies, with the exception of the dictionary, can be found at our Bonney Lake store.
1. Using a foam brush, stain the entire box. Joy only stained the outside of the box, but you can choose to stain the inside as well.
2. Set aside and let dry.
3. Find words that describe the person you will be giving this to and cut them (word with definition) out of the dictionary.
4. Trim the dictionary words and other designs that symbolizes "dad" to fit the fragments and then glue the words onto the bottom of the fragment (print side up) using the Glossy Accents.
5. Then glue the fragments in a desired pattern onto the box using Glossy Accents.
You can add other embellishments of your choice to the box.
6. Glue the decorative metal corners on each corner of the box.
Now, let's decorate the inside of the box.
7. Glue the small 3-ring binder inside of the box.
8. While that's drying, trim the cardstock to fit the inside of the box.
9. Glue favorite photos to each cardstock.
10. Punch holes in the cardstock and attach it to the binder.
11. Trim cardstock to fit the inside of the box and glue it on the opposite side of the photos (which would be the inside top lid).
Add a special quote on the inside part of the lid and captions for your photos to really give it a special touch.
|This keepsake is a great way to treasure fond memories with dad.|
For more projects, visit our Project Gallery on our website here.