The last time you probably made a yarn necklace was in elementary school.
Don't worry, we will not be instructing you to string on alphabet beads onto a fuzzy, bright colored piece of yarn.
Instead, you are going to learn how to create a fun and chic necklace using various types of specialty yarn.
|Crafted by Nancy.|
All supplies for this project can be found at our Bonney Lake store.
You can choose to add a clasp to the necklace or tie the ends into a knot. If you choose to tie the ends into a knot, you will need to make the necklace long enough to have it go over your head.
1. Measure and cut strands of Fun Fur.
The number of strands you cut depends on how you prefer your necklace to look. You can use a single strand of each to several.
2. Measure and cut strands of Tropicana.
3. Measure and cut strands of embroidery floss.
4. String the pendant onto the necklace.
5. Add a clasp set to the necklace; or tie the ends together into a knot (with the correct necklace length).
Feel free to twist or braid the strands for a textured design.
Want to learn how to make your own jewelry? We offer a multitude of beading and jewelry making classes here at our store. View our calendar here to learn more.
For more projects, visit our Project Gallery on our website here.