Light up your Halloween decor with from this glowing skull!
|Crafted by Christy.|
- Unfinished Paper Mache Skull Mask
- Ceramcoat Crackle Medium
- Black and White Acrylic Paint
- LED Battery Operated Tealight
This project is really open to your imagination. You can decorate the skull mask however you desire, but here are the steps that were taken for this particular one.
1. Using the paintbrush, apply black paint to the entire canvas and set aside to let dry.
2. Using the paintbrush, apply black paint to the entire mask, both front and back, and set aside to let dry.
3. Apply a thick coat of Crackle Medium to the entire front of the mask.
4. Following the directions on the bottle, apply white paint over the top of the Crackle Medium when it's tacky, and set aside to let dry.
You will see the paint crackle within minutes.
There are a couple ways to adhere the mask onto the canvas. You need to make it removable, so that you can turn the LED tealight on/off.
You can either poke a hole through the canvas and tie wire to the top part of the mask to secure it; or use Velco with an adhesive backing.
After you have secured the mask to the canvas, tape on the tealight in the area you want the light to illuminate.
Now, it's ready to display!
For more projects, visit our Project Gallery on our website here.