|Crafted by Patty.|
- Craft Wire
- Foam Board
All supplies for this project can be found at our Bonney Lake store.
For this project, it is best to choose a frame that has an ornate design.
2. Measure burlap (in a color of your choice) to fit over the foam board, wrapping it around the edges.
3. Smooth any wrinkles as you staple the burlap into the foam board to secure it.
4. Start with a very large "L" shape wire.
5. Cut several long wires and begin weaving a horizontal wire between the "L" shape wire and another vertical wire.
6. Continue weaving horizontal wires between vertical wires until you have achieved the desired look.
|Click to enlarge.|
7. Use leftover wires to secure various areas of the spider web by tucking them into the frame (behind the foam board) giving the illusion of it "floating" over the burlap. This way, no gluing is necessary.
8. Finish it by adding a spider.
This would also make a very cool picture frame by simply adhering a photo to an open area of the burlap.
You could also choose to use different materials other than craft wire to make the web, such as paper, yarn, beads, etc. The possibilities for creativity are endless!
For more projects, visit our Project Gallery on our website here.