Fabric Cone Decor Trees are versatile because you can make them to coordinate with your home decor and every holiday of the year.
|Crafted by Bonnie.|
- Paper Mache Cones
- Glass or Wooden Candlestick
- Hot Glue Gun
- Place cone on chipboard and trace with a pencil, the base of the cone and cut out the shape.
- Measure and cut fabric to fit around the cone.
- Wrap a piece of fabric around the cone and trim off excess material, but be sure to leave about 1/2" - 1" of extra fabric around the base and for overlap along the seam.
- Using the hot glue gun, adhere the fabric to the cone.
- Fold the extra fabric at the base to the underside of the cone and adhere it to the inside of the cone with glue.
- Glue a circle of fabric around one side of the chipboard piece. Make it slightly larger and fold the edges around the sides and glue it into place.
- Glue the fabric covered chipboard circle to the bottom of the cone, making sure the fabric covered side is facing out.
- Decorate with coordinating or contrasting ribbon by adding it around the base, wrapping it around the cone or both.
- Feel free to add any other embellishments of your choice.
This step is optional, but if you want to add a base to your tree, apply E-6000 to the top of the candlestick to adhere it to the bottom of the tree. Be sure to let it dry completely before displaying.
Need help on deciding what colors to choose or how to decorate your fabric cone decor trees? Let these ideas here inspire you!