- One Unfinished Mailbox
- One 12" x 12" SugarTree Scrapbook Paper
- One 12" x 12" PaperHouse Spanish Allure Paper
- One Package True Hemp Rope
- Brown Acrylic Paint
- Mod Podge
- 527 Glue
1. Remove the hooks from the mailbox with a small screwdriver.
2. Pour brown paint into a small container or paint tray and mix in a small amount of water to create a paint wash effect.
3. Paint the inside of the box.
4. Now paint the outside of the box. Allow to dry.
5. Spread Mod Podge on the top scroll piece of the mailbox.
6. Line up the Spanish Allure paper so that the bottom edge sits firmly at the end of this wood piece. Press the entire paper firmly to stick. Let dry completely.
7. Now spread Mod Podge on the bottom panel of the mailbox and line up the remaining Spanish Allure paper with the wood. Press down and allow to dry.
8. With an X-acto knife carefully trim off the excess paper on both panels. You may need to cut notches in the top panel to allow mailbox lid to open.
9. Glue the horse paper to the front panel and trim off excess after it dries.
10. Finally, use 527 glue to attach the rope pieces as decorative trim.
Visit our website for more projects and inspiration.