This chair is pretty worn and the paint is scratched. It is ready for a makeover.
We chose Slate Chalky Finish spray paint and brown spray wax.
Krylon Chalky Finish Slate Spray Paint
Krylon Wax Coating Spray
Krylon Matte Sealer
American Decor L'Auberge Chantecleer Stencil
DecoArt Americana Light Buttermilk Gloss Enamel Paint
Fine Grit Sandpaper
- Clean your chair and allow to dry.
- Place your chair outside on paper (or a well ventilated area indoors will work, too).
- Spray paint the chair and allow to dry for 24 hours. This may take two coats.
- Gently sand with the sandpaper to distress the edges and seat in places so the old color shows through. ( this is a good time to practice patience and do a bit at a time to get desired results)
- Spray the brown wax on the chair. Allow to partially dry and then wipe the wax off.
- Place stencil on the seat of the chair and dab the paint on top of the stencil. Gently remove when finished and allow to dry.
- Spray the chair with the Krylon Matte Sealer and allow to dry 24 hours before using.
Thanks for visiting our blog.
Visit our website for great projects and inspiration.
Visit us on facebook, we love it when our customers share photos of their projects!
Visit us on Pinterest for more great inspirational crafts.
Ben Franklin Crafts and Frame Shop
21121 Hwy 410 E, Bonney Lake, WA 98391