On rainy days, have you ever thought about taking up a new hobby? Or maybe you're looking for fun activities to do with your children?
What about the times where you were snowed in...then what do you do?
Here are ideas that you can find at our store to keep you and your family entertained.
1. Painting. Paint-by-Number kits enables kids to paint an amazing picture without having to take a single art lesson. There is also acrylic and oil paints for those that want to try and those that love painting.
2. Puzzles. A puzzle is a great way for families to bond and work as a team. It's an incredible feeling when you take that last puzzle piece, the 1000th puzzle piece, to complete the puzzle.
3. Drawing and Coloring.Who doesn't love their refrigerator covered in their children's artwork? Well, not literally, unless it's washable. From a family portrait to flowers to cars, coloring and drawing allows children to let their imagination run wild.
4. Activity Kits. Parents, remember when friendship bracelets were popular when you were in school? Well, they're still just as popular now! With a variety of how-to activity kits from Klutz and Melissa & Doug, kids can learn as they create.
|Friendship Bracelet Maker and Embroidery Floss|
5. Games. Ever heard of Farkel? If you haven't, now you have and we bet you'll never be able to forget its unique name. So what is Farkel? Farkel is a fast-paced six-dice game--whoever rolls to 10,000 points wins the game! This is just one of the many fun games we have. Apples to Apples, Phase 10, Uno, Pass the Pig, and more -- we have a large selection of games to engage the whole family.
6. Crafts. We have a huge assortment of unfinished items just begging to be completed such as these birdhouses. Our variety of acrylic paints and embellishments can help you turn any one of our unfinished items into a work of art.
|This makes a great craft project for kids.|
7. Scrapbooking. We can't think of a better way to spend a day inside than scrapbooking photos of memorable moments. Our Scrapbooking Department carries a large selection of paper, tools, embellishments, dies, and more!
8. Knitting. Knitting can be a very relaxing activity, unless you're trying to knit ten sweaters in a week. Our vast selection of yarn and tools, including patterns can help you create beautiful apparel and accessories.
|Use Starbella Yarn to create a beautiful ruffle scarf.|
9. Beading and Jewelry Making. From seed beads to Swarovski crystal beads, wire-wrapping to soldering, we have everything you need to make jewelry, including kits and instructional DVDs.
|Jolee's Jewels Crystallized Elements|
We want to hear your ideas! What do you do to keep yourself occupied when you can't leave the house?