|Crafted by Kathleen.|
- Wired Ribbon
- Sewing Needle
All supplies for this project can be found at our Bonney Lake store.
1. Measure and cut the desired length of the ribbon.
Use a shorter strip of ribbon to create a bud, and a larger strip of ribbon to create a large flower.
2. Curl a little roll on one end of the ribbon.
3. On the other end, start pulling the wire out on one side only, not both sides, gathering the fabric.
4. After you have gathered enough fabric, make a knot or bend in the wire to prevent the fabric from moving as you proceed with the next step.
5. Now, starting with the end that has the little roll you made from step 2, start winding the fabric around the roll.
You will see your flower coming together as you continue to roll the fabric.
6. When finished, turn the flower over and use a sewing needle with thread to secure the bottom by weaving the needle into different areas of the fabric to keep it from unraveling.
7. Add embellishments of your choice using a hot glue gun.
Watch Kathleen demonstrate these steps to show you how easy it is to make a flower using wired ribbon.
For more projects, visit our Project Gallery on our website here.